As a Napit approved electrical contractor, we can provide testing, inspecting and certification services.
What is an Electrical Installation Condition Report?
Our electricians can perform an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) to your business or property. These reports have replaced the old Periodic Inspection Report (PIR) and comprise of an inspection on the condition of an existing electrical installation. It identifies, by listing observations and defects, against the Requirements for Electrical Installations British Standard, BS7671. This is accomplished by carrying out a series of tests, both visual and with the use of calibrated test equipment, to make sure the electrical installation(s) continues to conform to the national safety standard.
An Electrical Installation Condition report will:
- Bring to attention any immediately dangerous conditions.
- Discover any of your electrical circuits or equipment that is overloaded.
- Locate any potential electric shock or fire hazards.
- Highlight the lack of earthing or bonding.
- Identify any defective electrical work.
- Provide a circuit schedule (invaluable to any installation).
Due to the fact that electrical installations deteriorate over time and many installations have been added to or altered by unskilled person this can create hazards and electricity can be dangerous. That is why it is important to keep check the installations integrity so as to reduce the risk of harm to occupants/employees/members of the public.